Introduction to Front-End Web Development. Create fully responsive websites in 11 weeks. Specially designed for people with no prior knowledge in computer programming.
This course will allow you to learn from scratch how to create a responsive website, it’s a first step into the web development and programming world.
Create a personal website for yourself, your loved ones or even freelance to create websites for small businesses.
DATES & TIMES
Cohort No 5: February 13th, 2018
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
EXCITING AND USEFUL CONTENT
We’ll introduce the very basics of HTML5 and enhance those concepts to empower you with the knowledge you need to create websites.
We will scratch the surface with JS and jQuery, so you can add special features and effects to your web page.
Create styled and professional websites, CSS3 allows you to add custom colors, sizes, fonts, interactions, animations and MORE!
It’s a super powerful front-end framework that gives you elements and resources to build a responsive website in a matter of hours.
Spring 2018: Class starts on February 13th and ends on April 26th, 2018. It will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from:
6:30 p.m. – 09:30 p.m.
MDC Degree-Seeking Students: $349*
Community member: $749 – Class Number: 18479
*MDC degree-seeking students must stop by The Idea Center (Bldg 8th, 5th floor) to be enrolled in the program. Please show an MDC valid photo ID.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is WebDev?
WebDev is an 11-week course for front-end Web Development from scratch. But it’s much more than that: It’s an experience. Our results-oriented experiential learning approach provides a deep dive from zero to hero. Our approach features practical lessons, hands-on exercises, group activities, peer learning, networking opportunities and more.
What will I be able to do upon completion of the course?
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Create responsive websites.
- Read and understand the code behind other websites.
- Start a course in coding with a solid skill set that will help along the way. i.e. CS50xMiami
- Freelance creating landing pages and basic front-end websites.
- Have the criteria to select 3rd party web developers.
Who is this course designed for?
Most WebDev participants are entrepreneurs, marketers, designers and small business owners.
Is this course a fit for me?
The types of participants who will most benefit from this program are:
- Individuals with ANY knowledge in coding or web development.
- Individuals with knowledge in Marketing/Digital Marketing, Design, Business or any other background.
- Freelancers, Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners that are looking to understand and be able to develop websites.
- Individuals looking to embark on more advanced courses in web development.
- Individuals looking to start or grow their own company.
- Anyone with something to say or something to sell that wants to reach a digital audience
- Individuals with a background in coding looking to build their web development skill set.
What do I need to bring to class?
A fully functional laptop with at least 2GB of RAM and WiFi capabilities is required.
Acceptable Operating Systems:
- Mac/Apple: Mountain Lion or newer
- Windows/Microsoft: Windows 7 or newer
Are there any prerequisites to take the course?
Yes, you should have prior knowledge on how to create files and folders, move through directories, download and install software, and organize files.
What is the course structure?
It’s a hands-on course, you’ll need to cover content at home, then we have lecture and exercises during class, and then you’ll need to complete a weekly homework. There will be a total of 66 in-person instructional hours, plus on average 6 hours per week of online content + homework.
What is the class schedule?
The course lasts 11 weeks, meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at The Idea Center.
What will I need to complete this course successfully?
Determination and 12 to 15 hours per week of dedication.
What 21st century skills will I learn in this course?
At a time when everyone can be a creator of content, and the cost of distribution races toward zero, mastering the skills of creating a landing page in a matter of hours has never been more critical.
Do I learn how to develop mobile apps, too?
No, but you will develop responsive websites which can be accessed from any device.
I have some more questions. Whom do I contact?
For more information, contact The Idea Center at (305) 237 7809.